Peach’s development focus is on projects in and around its home base of Tucson, Arizona.
Since Peach’s inception more than 25 years ago under the direction of Ron Schwabe, Peach has developed over 2,400 residential units, and more than 600,000 sq.ft of commercial space (half being historic re-use projects). This development experience totaling over $155,000,000 in projects, geographically dispersed over 5 western states, and including a wide spectrum of products from single room occupant (SRO) residential to self storage, office, retail, and historical re-use, cast the foundation for Peach’s current business model focusing on Tucson.
Recently, Peach’s involvement with the historic core of Tucson led to work on a number of new and exciting projects. Including 1 East Toole, 119 East Toole, 64 East Broadway, 50 East Broadway, 44 East Broadway, 210-220 East Broadway, and One North Fifth, Ron Schwabe and Peach Properties are actively involved in transforming the look and use of historic buildings in the downtown of Tucson AZ.
In 2010 the city issued a Request for Proposals (#2407) for private developers to present their best ideas to utilize the 8.45 acre parcel of land located at Congress St and I-10. The criteria included that the City get the best price for the land, and that the developer completes the project with private financing. Peach Properties was honored to be the only developer selected, in the spring of 2011, by the City of Tucson, to develop this important parcel located at the gateway to Downtown Tucson.
New Retail/Commercial: Development of 21,000 square feet of new street-level retail north of Congress St. on vacant city land, and a buildout of a portion of the street floor of the existing ParkWise/state of Arizona parking structure on Congress st. Development of 65,000 square feet of podium retail at street level, lining the hotel and residential structures.
Hotel: Urban style boutique hotel with completed preliminary plans for a 100-120 room hotel product at the Greenline site.
Residential: 320 1-bedroom residential units. The residences will be substantially market rate, with an additional number of affordable rate units.
Featuring the second location of Tucson’s own Thunder Canyon Brewery, this former Safeway grocery store has been renovated and is now a cornerstone of downtown Tucson’s east end.
Exposed brick, loft style renovated warehouse, perfect for arts use, retail shops, featuring tenants active in the Tucson business community.
The former Firestone warehouse was renovated in the late 90′s, and tenants include galleries, salons, co-office, artisan workshop, photography studios and retail.
119 East Toole Ave was sold by the Arizona Department of Transportation at auction, when the building no longer was scheduled to be demolished as part of the Downtown Links road project. The decision by the State to auction this building and others along Toole Ave has brought new life to the Historic Warehouse Arts District.
This corner stone property of the Warehouse Arts District is 9,600 s/f a floor with a fully accessible basement, totaling 18,000 s/f with a classic bow truss ceiling. The interior and exterior have been renovated to reveal a number of unique details.
This unique re-use project has been purchased by Providence Service Corporation, and is being developed by Peach for the use of Providence for their downtown office, an additional floor of commercial office tenants, a penthouse suite of residential condos, and retail on the ground floor. Situated in the middle of the business and government district of Tucson, this property is now in active use after being derelict for a number of years.
Providence Service Corporation, one of the handful of Fortune 500 corporations based in Tucson Arizona, decided the future was once again in downtown Tucson, and relocated their headquarters to the downtown. Peach developed these buildings, renovated the facade, and 50 East Broadway includes a restaurant.
This property was scheduled to be demolished as the original use as senior housing was due to expire. Peach Properties redevloped this building into market rate rental residences, and also built out the first new commercial retail spaces in downtown Tucson in many years. In the last two years new development has increased in pace near this location.
Wildcat Self Storage-Work Shops
Built between the 1920-1940, a portion of this property was originally constructed as auxiliary barracks during WWII, and then for 60 years served as the main plant for Arizona Sash & Door. Converted to Wildcat Storage / Work Shops in 2004, located at 657 W. St. Mary’s Rd and consisting of 62,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included property acquisition, conversion plan, construction, initial lease up and operations.
Hussar Live Work Studios
This building was originally built in 1922 as the Lim market, one of Tucson’s original Chinese grocery stores. From the mid 50’s it was the Hussar Electric Building, which Peach converted to Live Work Lofts located at 103 N. Park Ave in 2004. The property consists of 7,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included property acquisition, conversion plans, construction supervision, along with initial lease up and operation.
Geronimo Mixed Use
Formerly the Geronimo Hotel, this property was converted into a Mixed-Use Commercial project in the mid 80’s located at 800 E University Blvd at Euclid Ave. It was built in 1927, and consists of 14,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included market planning, redevelopment design, and securing of state historical certification.
The property, formerly Steinfeld Residence was converted to Office Use located at 300 N. Main St. It was built in the1890s, renovated in the mid 80’s and consists of 9,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included market studies; reuse, design, financial packaging, and securing of state historical certification.
Formerly The Manning House, the was was converted to Office Space/Restaurant use, and is located at 450 W. Paseo Redondo. It was built in 1890s, converted in the early 80’s and consists of 17,200 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included market studies; reuse and design, financial packaging, and securing of state historical certification.
The property, formerly the Haskel Linen Building, was converted to Offices and Retail, and is located at 299 S. Park Ave. It was built in the 1940s, converted in the late 80’s, and is 12,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included conversion of the property from laundry use into offices, retail shops and restaurant.
The property, formerly Herbert Retail Plaza, was converted to 12 Residential Units located at 1215 E. 5th St. It was built in the 1930s, converted in the early 90’s and consists of 8,500 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included property acquisition, conversion of plans, construction and leasing management.
South 6th Live Work Spaces
Originally Tucson’s largest blacksmith shop and more recently the Army Surplus Building, this was converted by Peach in 2004 to Live-Work Spaces and is located at S. 6th Ave. and 23rd St. It was built from 1921 to the 1950s, and is 11,000 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included property acquisition, conversion plan, construction, lease up and initial operations.
The property, formerly O’Reilly Car Dealership and later Arizona Glass, was converted to DeWitt Furniture Store and is located at 415 N. 6th Ave. It was built in 1922, converted by Peach in 2000, and is 26,400 sq. ft. Peach’s involvement included property acquisition, and redevelopment.
South 4th Ave Live Work
This property, located at the southwest corner of South 4th avenue and 23rd street, was one of Tucson’s first multi tenant strip retail centers. Built in the early 1950’s and consisting of 16,500 sq.ft, the property was originally occupied by 12 retail businesses. In 2006 Peach converted this partially vacant and condemned building into 16 live work spaces. Peach’s involvement included acquisition, conceptual reuse plan, supervision, and all construction, leasing and operating duties. http://southfourthstudios.com/